miércoles, 13 de julio de 2011

Five reasons why I'd like to try EFL blogging

Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.  ~Chinese Proverb


Before I mention my five reasons, why blog in the first place? Well, let's see...






All right, now it's time to tell you why I'd like to try EFL blogging:

1) To enrich my classes providing students  not only with language practice, homework or reinforcement of what was learnt but also with extension activities, project work, links to interesting material, so as to motivate them to go on learning English, learning through English, and having fun, too!
2) To promote higher order thinking skills, so as to help them to construct and create new knowledge; also, to help them think critically.
3) To give students the chance to find their unique voice; I think this will in turn help them raise their self-esteem and feel proud of their achievements.  
4) To enhance communication and rapport with and among students. In my opinion, a student who feels understood and listened to, will be in a better mood for learning and cooperating with his peers.
5) To help them become more autonomous in learning, and in connection with this, to help them discover their learning styles and develop and integrate them, so that they can learn better.

I guess I've mentioned more than five in this list, but I'm sure there are many more, don't you think?

2 comentarios:

  1. Great job, Cecilia!

    A refreshing post...!;-)

    I'm sure you'll be able to achieve your aims through this new online spot!

    Hugs,

    Carla

    ResponderEliminar